Monday 5 January 2015

Happy New Year! Happy New Blog!


Hello there...

Firstly, welcome to my blog. This is all very new for me, although it's something that I've wanted to do for a while now after stumbling across some fantastic blogs, which have inspired me. So, here goes.

Secondly, I realise that readers will no doubt want to know a little about me before investing time in reading my ramblings. I'll keep it short for now, as I hope you'll get to know me better in time through my writing. So, let me introduce myself.  My name is Shona. I currently have two surnames, as I'm recently married. I'm stuck in that limbo land of not quite deciding which name to stick with. Watson (maiden name) or Bruce (married name). Personally, I'm going with Bruce. Professionally, I'm sticking with Watson. So, that shouldn't be too confusing.

I got married to my wonderfully, crazy husband on 23rd November 2014 at the beautiful Gate Street Barn in Surrey. A truly wonderful and magical day, which will undoubtedly feature heavily on my blog in the very near future.

By trade, I am an Organisational Psychologist which involves working with a range of organisations helping them improve - among other things - human performance, safety performance, working relationships, competence, leadership, processes and systems. It's a VERY interesting job and it has been fascinating seeing very different organisations struggle with the same problems and issues - people!

Psychology is therefore a big part of my life, and in my time pondering about what might make my blog interesting, and a little bit different, the answer was there all along. Psychology. I'm not saying that all my ramblings will be about theories of psychology and statistical significance of experimental results (there's a place and time for that and it's not here!). I'm saying that I am keen to bring elements of psychological thinking to everyday writing. Curious? I am...

I don't have a particular structure to how I'll write or present my blog, as my brain doesn't really work in that way. Normally, I'm pretty spontaneous, however I was thinking that {Wedding Wednesdays} could work. Apart from that, let's see what crosses my path, inspires me, engages my curiosity or annoys the hell out of me!

I promise to get started with wedding related posts in the next week or so. Let's start with something exciting! And please bear with me while I find my way through the bloggers landscape...

Shones
x




No comments:

Post a Comment